Come and discover the secrets of Olive Oil production in the true home of the Mediterranean Olives, Provence. Until the turn of the century, before the expansion of vines and winemaking, all of the agricultural land surrounding the village of Montfort Sur Argens was used for terraced olive groves. Knowledge of how to trim the trees and produce the Olive Oil was passed down through the centuries, and traditional techniques are still used today in the Provence Verte. Olive Oil is the cornerstone of the legendary Mediterranean diet.
Maison Lambot B&B offers Olive Picking Experiences throughout November when the Olive Harvest takes place. During our Olive Experience Holidays you will discover every aspect of Oil Production including:
- Visit beautiful Olive Groves at Maison Lambot B&B and in the Provence Verte
- Learn how to trim and care for olive trees from experts
- Have a go at Picking olives yourself using traditional non-mechanical methods
- Visit a working Olive Press (Moulin à Huile)
- Visit the ruins of an ancient Olive Press
- Discover the history and importance of oleiculture in Provence and throughout the Mediterranean